Community Engagement / Participation Advisor
Provides technical lead and advice and support to Program Management Team and district governments on community engagement program implementations and their outcomes.
The Community Engagement/Participation Advisor will report to the Partnership Director in terms of performance management, and receive support from the Community Engagement team, while working in close collaboration with MCH specialists to promote Maternal Child Health initiatives.
- Develop an overall community engagement strategy for project activities targeting key audiences and priorities for communicating with these audiences;
- Work with Community Engagement team to leverage and strengthen local resources, such as village leaders, posyandus, and faith leaders, to promote engagement;
- Work collaboratively with Health Promotion/BCC Specialist and Media/Design Specialist to provide information on local contexts to develop effective BCC materials;
- Support the planning, design, and delivery of local community events convened by the project in order to garner public support and increase participation; and
- Collaborate with and supervise four staff advisory staff.
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- Graduate or post-graduate qualifications in social science, anthropology, community development, or related field;
- At least 8 years’ experience in community engagement, particularly interventions at the village level, on donor-funded development projects;
- Knowledge of Indonesian public healthcare system;
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of social inclusion concept
- Experience in posyandu , Desa Siaga or community based health care organizing;
- Experience in working in Eastern Indonesia provinces
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
- Position is restricted to Indonesian applicants only; and
- Fluency in Indonesian and English languages.
- Previous experience working in the Indonesian health sector; and
- An understanding of DFAT policies and cross-cutting issues.
If you are interested in the position above, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.