Executive Director, Planning and Resources
New Forests is a sustainable real assets investment manager offering leading-edge strategies in forestry, land management, and conservation. Founded in 2005, we offer institutional investors targeted opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region and the United States and have over USD 2 billion in assets under management. Our assets include sustainable timber plantations, rural land, and conservation investments related to ecosystem restoration and protection. New Forests focuses on managing our clients’ assets for a future in which landscapes will encompass both production and conservation values. New Forests manages more than 600,000 hectares of land and forests and is headquartered in Sydney with offices in San Francisco and Singapore.
Due to an anticipated investment, New Forests’ Singapore office is searching for an Executive Director of Planning and Resources for an investee company in Indonesia. The position will be directly responsible for the planning and development of a large greenfield rubber plantation in Indonesia and lead the implementation of FSC and IFC performance standards within the business with responsibility for all social and environmental compliance activities. The location will be split between a remote on site Indonesian location and Jakarta. They will report to the company Board of Commissioners and include significant governance activities on behalf of the shareholders.
Key roles and responsibilities for this position include:
• Developing and overseeing all aspects of planning & resources management;
• Responsible for developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures;
• Developing and executing internal quality control and auditing process for all operational aspects of project;
• Ensuring FSC and IFC requirements are met for all aspects of the project, including oversight for social and environmental management plans monitoring and reporting to the Board of Commissioners and to New Forests on all operational, social, and environmental progress to the annual plan;
• Leading the annual budgeting and annual operational management plans and ensuring implementation;
• Responsible for developing strategic plans sign off by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry;
• Leading the internal modeling and valuation process;
Experience and qualifications required:
• 15+ years of experience leading to in comparable roles within Southeast Asia (preferably Indonesia);
• Bachelor’s Degree in Forest Management or closely aligned discipline;
• Excellent Bahasa Indonesian, written and verbal communication skills;
• Good knowledge and understanding of FSC and IFC requirements;
• Fully experienced in forest estate planning and modeling;
• High degree of proficiency in appropriate forestry software tools, including GIS, l, Tigermoth or Woodstock;
• Previous experience with large tropical plantations, including rubber plantations would be an advantage;
• An ability to work independently and prioritise effectively;
• Willingness to live and work in remote location;
Please provide your resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position in PDF format to [email protected]. Phone calls will not be accepted.
New Forests is an Equal Opportunity Employer.