Head Editor (2 Vacancies)
Are you a local news junkie?
Do you have a wide range of interests in urban life, from traffic to transportation to food to the arts?
Are you a skilled and versatile writer, able to churn out entertaining and engaging copy on any subject with a unique voice?
Do you have several years of experience in a fast-paced daily newspaper and/or online news position?
Are you a tech-savvy social media and blogging whiz?
Do you have, at the minimum, a solid camera and basic photography skills, and more preferably, full on multimedia journalism skills?
Are you hard-working, reliable, intelligent, and ambitious?
Do you have a sense of humor?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you should apply for these full-time positions at Coconut Jakarta and Coconuts Bali.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Writing original local news and lifestyle stories about your location, as well as aggregating and re-writing stories from other sources
- Reporting on news events, taking photos and/or video to supplement written stories
- Managing social media – with an emphasis on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube – and uploading content live content from the field
- Knowledge of Drupal platform, multimedia experience, and an extensive network of sources are a bonus. So is ownership of a smartphone.
- A university degree and at least three years of editorial experience are required.
Coconuts Media is also looking for freelance writers, photographers, and videographers of all types in Jakarta and Bali. Apply by sending CV and writing samples to [email protected] (that’s .co not .com).